Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January Beekeeping and an Angry Hive

Since the weather is in the 50's today, I paid a visit to the hive. Since no bees where out, I decided to take a peek without putting on the Homer suit. The hive had eaten every last drop of syrup from the top feeder. With an empty feeder, I then proceeded to mix two gallons of heavy syrup. The feeding was a very heavy syrup - 12 pounds of sugar was dissolved into the water. As you can see from today's picture the bees let me open the hive, pour the syrup without bothering me. Although they did not bother me, they where in a foul mood and expressed their hostility towards CNN. They are angry that CNN reports on a BS story that has cost Capt. Honors his command and likely his career. The bees stated that General Mcrystal was stupid and that Capt. Honors is getting the shaft.

No comments:

Post a Comment