Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer Heat has arrived

I did check the hive this weekend - I really dislike that it is already in the upper 90's and its still May. I really dislike heat and humidity. The bee's were still a buzz over Royal Delta's performance in the Black Eyed Susan Stakes race (remember the hive is a female society so they only watched the Friday fillies race).

Honey super #1 is full and weighs approximately 40 pounds. Ross Rounds are looking good - it is difficult to determine how full the rounds are without dissembling the frames. Medium honey super #2 is approximately 60% full. The super that I placed on the stack prior to leaving for the Preakness is empty and has no drawn comb. The deep super is looking good - not sure if I will extract any honey off the deep or if that will remain for the hive.

Brood chambers are alright- I am not seeing the tight brood pattern that I want, but I did see larvae. Did not see the queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment