Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Pollen, Pollen and More Pollen

The hive is happy as the yard is in full bloom. Before I left town, I added the Ross Rounds. The Ross Rounds are the frames that are used to harvest comb honey. Assuming everything goes according to the plan, later this summer I will harvest thirty two combs of honey. In addition to the honey combs, I hope to have twenty - fifty pounds of honey to bottle.

Since I had inspected the hive earlier in the week, I just added the Ross Rounds, and did not inspect the hive. The hive has also completed its journey across the yard. Until I need the garden truck, I am planning to leave the hive as it sits. Construction on the carport starts this week, as the building permit was issued yesterday, utilities marking is set to occur today or tommrow, with the sewer line and foundation work occuring Thursday and Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment