Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am not allergic to bee stings

The new hive has moved in and they expressed their displeasure in moving out of Myers Park and getting a begineer beekeeper. As I was stung four times in the process of moving the hive. Sting #1 was when we placed the hive in the Jeep and had a minor sting on a finger, sting #2 was on the neck while paying for the hive, #3was on the forearm and sting #4 was when a bee got in my shirt and stung me on the stomach. I was glad I did not get stung while driving.

Thus if you are going to move a full hive of bees, makes certain that you have some red wine at home. Advil will also take the sting out of the "sting" but Advil does not taste as good a red wine. I had no red wine, so I just have a swollen forearm from the sting. The sting on the forearm is the only one that I notice.

Once I got home, Karen and I placed the hive on the stand, ant then removed the tape from the opening and the bees began to explore their surrondings. Thursday, I will unscrew the supers and inspect the hive.

No comments:

Post a Comment