Monday, August 23, 2010

A ton of bees

This hive is huge. I checked the hive yesterday. Overall they look great. Tons of eggs, larve etc and stored food. Assuming I keep Hive 2.0 alive through the winter, these guys will produce some honey for the Honey Labs. As the bees have a two edge frames that are full of honey - estimate that the frame weighs 12 pounds.

Working this hive is very different than Hive 1.0. Due to the sheer volume of bees, I believe I will always be in the Homer suit. When I pull frames, I have bees everywhere. Additionally I need to place an equipment order, as the bottom board, top, and supers are in poor condition.

Weather- clear and hot. Humidity was tolerable for a late August day.

Earl

P.S. Some of you are rather funny in your responses to my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment